|Job Type:||Per Diem|
LPN night shift and/or weekend days for vent case in Howard Beach, NY
Provides nursing care as outlined in the Plan of Care established by the Physician and Registered Nurse, which includes:
- administration of treatments and medications.
- observation for changes in the patient's condition and reports any changes to the Registered Nurse, Director of Clinical Services or Clinical Supervisor.
- assistance to the Physician and/or Registered Nurse in performing specialized procedures.
observing aseptic technique as required.
- preparation of equipment and materials for treatments
- assistance to the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
The Licensed Practical Nurse may perform the following tasks only after receiving and satisfactorily completing an approved educational training program and supervised clinical experience.
- perform venipuncture for the purpose of withdrawing blood.
- perform venipuncture for the purpose of inserting a stainless steel needle or over-the-needle catheter for the administration of unmedicated and medicated intravenous fluids.
- maintain intravenous therapy via peripheral venous access only and monitor the flow rate.
- perform dressing and tubing changes for peripheral I.V. therapy.
- add intravenous medications to solutions.
- replace bottles or bags of unmedicated and medicated fluid administered via a peripheral venous access device.
- administer intravenous piggyback medications, i.e., antibiotics, via a peripheral venous access device.
- discontinue intravenous therapy via a peripheral venous access device.
- supervises home health aides (HHAs) or personal care aides (PCAs) as appropriate, reporting observations to the Director of Clinical Services
- Knowledgeable in use of O2, Nebulizers, CPAP, and Ventilation Equipment
- Current, valid license as a Practical Nurse for the state in which practicing.
- A minimum of one (1) year satisfactory practical nursing experience in a hospital, nursing home or healthcare facility setting.
- Graduate of a National League of Nursing accredited school of practical nursing.
- Current certificate in Basic Life Support (CPR).
Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.; must be able to ambulate, stoop, bend, pull, twist, push and stretch without restriction
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: