|Job Type:||Per Diem|
|Location:||Cherry Hill, NJ|
ASK ABOUT OUR GENEROUS SIGNING BONUS
Provides nursing care as outlined in the Plan of Care established by the Physician and Registered Nurse, which includes:
- Administration of treatments and medications.
- Observation for changes in the patient's condition and reports any changes to the Registered Nurse, Director of Clinical Services or Clinical Supervisor.
- Assistance to the Physician and/or Registered Nurse in performing specialized procedures.
- Preparation of equipment and materials for treatments observing aseptic technique as required.
- Assistance to the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
The Licensed Practical Nurse may perform the following tasks only after receiving and satisfactorily completing an approved educational training program and supervised clinical experience.
- Perform venipuncture for the purpose of withdrawing blood.
- Perform venipuncture for the purpose of inserting a stainless steel needle or over-the-needle catheter for the administration of unmedicated and medicated intravenous fluids.
- Maintain intravenous therapy via peripheral venous access only and monitor the flow rate.
- Perform dressing and tubing changes for peripheral I.V. therapy.
- Add intravenous medications to solutions.
- Replace bottles or bags of unmedicated and medicated fluid administered via a peripheral venous access device.
- Administer intravenous piggyback medications, i.e., antibiotics, via a peripheral venous access device.
- Discontinue intravenous therapy via a peripheral venous access device.h. D
- Supervises home health aides (HHAs) or personal care aides (PCAs) as appropriate, reporting observations to the Director of Clinical Services.
Current, valid license as a Practical Nurse for the state in which practicing.
- 1 year practical nursing experience preferred
- Graduate of a National League of Nursing accredited school of practical nursing.
- Current certificate in Basic Life Support (CPR).
Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.; must be able to ambulate, stoop, bend, pull, twist, push and stretch without restrictions.