|Job Type:||Full time (hourly)|
The Housing Specialist will help manage and expedite the housing placement process by assisting residents in achieving housing readiness, establishing eligibility profile, seeking out and matching permanent housing opportunities. Will also help complete and submit housing applications and secure housing interviews.
- Ensure clients are prepared for the housing process
- Help prepare and review appropriate housing applications
- Clearly communicate with case management staff regarding the process
- Track clients progress towards housing readiness
- Identify and maintain a wide array of housing options and resources, including building relationships with fair market landlords. and rented rooms when appropriate
- Ensure that clients are matched and placed in housing appropriate to their needs
- Escort to clients appointments as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Two (2) years' experience, & knowledge of supportive housing and DHS housing programs preferred, real estate experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills. Also strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic team environment and willingness to shift easily between various responsibilities with diverse populations.
- Travel throughout New York Metro area
- Must have vehicle, valid driver's license/registration.